The MSU HRPP/IRB offers online training through the CITI Program.
Completion of the required modules takes most people 2-3 hours. You do not have to complete all of the modules at one time. You may stop and return at a later time to complete the rest of the modules by signing in with the user name and password you chose during registration.
When you go to the CITI website at www.citiprogram.org, click the blue Log In button at the top right of the page. At the top of the next page, click Log In Through My Institution and find Mississippi State University in the list. This will prompt you to log in with your MSU netID and password and will use the DUO login method as well.
If this is your first time using CITI, click Register, and select Mississippi State University to affiliate with MSU. (If you are an unaffiliated person wishing to affiliate with MSU, please contact the MSU HRPP office for guidance).
- Once you have registered and are logged in, you should be on the home page. If you are not, please click the heading labeled "Courses" next to the CITI Program logo.
- On the Courses page, click the blue button labeled "View Courses" next to Mississippi State University. On the next page, scroll down to the section labeled "Learner Tools for Mississippi State University" and click on "Add a Course".
- You should now see the CITI Course Enrollment Procedure page, where you will need to answer questions to identify which courses are appropriate for you to take at this time. Please be advised that you should NOT take the IRB Chair course. If you need to take IRB Training, then you need to answer the appropriate response in the Human Subjects Research area under Question 1. There are other compliance area questions listed in this questionnaire for training, and some require a response before moving on, so please answer as needed.
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, click "Submit." You should be redirected to the main "Courses" screen, and the relevant courses that you need to take should now show up under "Courses Ready to Begin" with your completion status.
- For IRB Training (initial or refresher), you will take the "Human Subjects Researchers: Stage 1- Basic Course" training module. Note: You must have completed initial IRB training at some point in the past before you are eligible to take the IRB refresher course.
- To begin the training, click on the button that says "Start Now" next to that course. You may stop and save where you left off at any time.
Note: When you complete all required modules successfully, you may print your completion report through the link "Print" in the Learner's menu. Print or download a Course Completion Report as evidence that you have met institutional requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact the Research Compliance Office and Security at 662-325-5220.