Instructions for Completing Export Control Trainings
- To complete the initial online CITI Training if this is your first time, please follow these instructions.
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/ to the “Create Account” on the right hand side of the screen. You can create an account since MSU is an affiliated institution with CITI.
- After the account is created, access the main menu, a view courses for Mississippi State University.
- Scroll down to “Learner Tools for Mississippi State University” and click on “Add a Course”
- This takes you to “Select Curriculum”, scroll down to “CITI Course Enrollment Questions”.
- All of your answers should either be “no” or “not at this time” except for Question 5 – select CITI Export Controls. Leave questions 2 and 3 blank. Click Submit.
- Once you are in the CITI Export Controls course, you need to complete all three modules with a score of 80% or better.
- No need to email your transcript. After the required training modules are complete, the website will send an automated notification to ORC&S the following morning.
Refresher Training through CANVAS (Updated as of June 2023)
- Log into my.mystate.edu
- Scroll down to the bottom to the section entitled: “Canvas Course Self Enrollment.”
- In the “Select a Course” dropdown menu, search “Export Control Refresher Training.”
- On the “Self-enroll” tab, click “yes.”
- Then, log into Canvas and click on the training course.
- Click the “play” button in the middle of the screen and watch the video.
- At the end of the presentation, click on “Go to Integrity Assurance Statement.”
- You will simply write your name and your NETID (NOT your 9 digit MSU ID) in the space provided to prove you have watched the video and then submit the form.
This is only if your initial training has not expired. If your initial training expired, follow instructions below.
If you need to re-take the CITI training because your initial training has expired
- The initial Export Control training is good for two years. If you do not complete the refresher briefing before the two year mark, you will need to re-take the initial CITI training. To do that, follow the instructions below.
- Go on to the main page after logging in and the export control training previously completed should be under “Completed Courses” toward the bottom of the page.
- Click “Review Course” and the 3 modules should appear, which can be retaken by hitting “Review”.
- After completing all three quizzes with a cumulative 80% score, there should be a link for view/print the completion report, which is going to have the first training date on the first page and second, current training date on the second page.
- Email the completion report to Veronika Jelinkova, firstname.lastname@example.org and Niko Pittore, email@example.com.